"It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!! It's so fluffy!!!"
- says the little girl, Agnes, from the animated film Despicable Me.
And I repeated that when I took my first bite of these pancakes. It's SOOO fluffy!!! Wild blueberries were in season so we put a few handfuls of that into the batter, but with or without fruit....these are definitely a winner for me. I will never need another pancake batter recipe. It generously feeds 6 very hungry people.
Fluffy Wild Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
Serves: 6 very hungry people
approx prep time: 15 min
approx cook time: 45 min
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of white sugar
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 cups (1 liter) of buttermilk
- 2/3 cups of milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 cups of wild blueberries, or normal blueberries, whatever you wish (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs, and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, add blueberries now, and stir until just blended together. Do not over stir.
- Ladle batter onto the hot pan (to whatever size you prefer, we like small pancakes), once the batter has bubbled for a bit, flip the pancake onto the otherside and cook both sides to a golden brown.
- Serve hot, with fruit, berries, syrup, whipped cream, eggs and bacon, whatever you desire!