This is a quick and easy dessert that will please anyone, especially unexpected company. I always have a large stash of chocolate bars in my chocolate shelf and chocolate dipped fruit is always a satisfying luxury even though it only took minutes to make. :-)
Chocolate Dipped Cherries and Apricots
approx prep time: 10min
approx chill time: 20min
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1) Line plates with parchment paper or wax paper
2) Break chocolate bar into chunks and crumble into a bowl. Microwave dark chocolate 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each 30 second interval, until chocolate is just melted and smooth (do not overheat, chocolate can burn).
3) Dip cherries and apricots into chocolate and place on wax paper.
4) Put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
5) Serve cold, don't let the dipped fruit come to room temperature.
6) Store leftovers (if there are any), in sealed containers in the refrigerator.