Turkey Vegetable Soup
Makes about 12 cups of soup (a large pot)
approx prep time: 20min
approx cook time: 2.5 hours
- 1 turkey carcass
- 2 cups of carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- 3 medium onions
- 1 large potato (optional)
- 1 tomato (optional)
- other root vegetables (optional)
- bundle of herbs (ie. Rosemary and Thyme is optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1) Chop all the vegetables into bite sized pieces
2) Throw all of the ingredients (except salt and pepper) into a large soup pot and fill the pot up with water.
3) Bring soup to a boil, then reduce to medium and let simmer for 2.5 hours.
4) Once finished, take out and discard bones, skin and skim the fat, add salt and pepper to taste.