approx prep time: 5min
approx cook time: 5min
- 4 slices of bread (for 2 sandwiches)
- Shredded cheese of your choice (Cheddar Cheese in this example)
- Deli meat of choice (Smoked Turkey in this example)
- Butter (softened)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- These sandwiches were made in a Croque Monsieur sandwich press, and they work best if made in some kind of sandwich press, however if you don't have access to one, a Panini press works just as well. As a last resort, you can use a frying pan.
- Pre-heat your sandwich maker or fry pan (medium heat).
- Lightly butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Assemble your sandwiches, with the bread buttered side OUT (so that it's in contact with the pan or press. This helps give a nice crispy brown exterior to the sandwich).
- If using a sandwich press, cook for approx. 4-5min, checking once or twice, until the outside is a nice golden brown.
- If cooking in a frying pan, cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping carefully with a spatula, until the cheese is melted and the bread is a nice golden brown.
- Serve hot, with some snack-able sides (gherkin pickles, carrot sicks, etc..)