Well, it's about time for another chocolate dipped thing. To me, white and dark chocolate dipped raspberries are the ultimate king of chocolate dipped fruits. Raspberry is just such a great compliment to both a creamy white chocolate, and a good dark chocolate. When it comes to this kind of dessert, you really get what you put into it. Pick fresh firm raspberries and really good dark and white chocolate. I recommend Godiva white chocolate, and a Lindt or Valrhona dark chocolate for dipping. What is the key to making these look pretty and presentable? Having chopstick skills! :-P Yes, without chopstick skills you can still use your hands, but it may be a bit messier.
Double Dipped Raspberries
approx prep time: 10min
approx chill time: 20min
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1) Line a large plate or baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper
2) Break dark chocolate bar into chunks and crumble into a small bowl. Microwave dark chocolate 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each 30 second interval, until chocolate is just melted and smooth (do not overheat, chocolate can burn).
3) Dip one side of the raspberry into chocolate and place on wax paper. Using chopsticks makes the least mess or you can use your hands, but they won't turn out as clean or pretty.
4) Put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until the dark chocolate has hardened.
5) Peel off the dark chocolate dipped raspberries and repeat steps 2-4 to dip the other side of the strawberry with white chocolate, shake off excess chocolate (or don't, if you like more chocolate). :-)
5) Serve cold, don't let the dipped fruit come to room temperature.
6) Store leftovers (if there are any), in sealed containers in the refrigerator.