"These are the best fries ever!" quoted by Nick's nephew. They definitely are, crispy and crunchy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, they are a hit with adults and children alike. The best part is....they couldn't be simpler!
BAKED POTATO WEDGES
approx prep time: 5min
approx cook time: 40min
These are a quick and easy french fry substitute, and they taste great!
- Russet Potatoes (1/2 to 1 potato per person)
- Coarse Salt (Sea Salt works well)
- Ground Pepper
- Olive or Vegetable oil
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Pre-Heat oven to 425F
- Cover a baking sheet generously in oil
- Cut potatoes into quarters (Be sure to wash them throughly first!).
- Roll potatoes in oil until well covered on all sides.
- Stand potatoes on the skin side, on the baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40min, turning 3 or 4 times, so that each side gets at least 10min touching the pan and in the leftover oil.
- Serve right out of the oven!